It is time to race!
Those of you that are advancing towards 30 minutes of continual running, sign up for a Running Race that is completely for running. Your ratio of confidence will be good, and you will have enjoyment and satisfaction!
If you are following the run/walk program continue to work towards this goal and Join a run/walk race instead!
A Good Run/Walk – It’s time to race…
Somewhere between a 2K and 5K would be the best race for YOU to sign up for.
- Look for a race that starts sometime in October, so that you will have enough time to get prepared.
A Few Questions to ask yourself…
- Will you be running the whole race or will you doing it in intervals? (Example 5minute running and 1minute walking in run/walk intervals to the end.)
- Will you be running the race with a friend?
- Are you training for running faster?
- Are you ready to get dedicated and run every week for at least 3 days/ week?
* These questions will help you decide what you want to do for your big race day!
So lets talk about how to prepare:
- Start slow in a beginner training or running program, and always follow a beginner training program that is clear and you can understand.
- Make sure that you have a proper schedule for your workouts and you are leaving lots of room in the week for break days.
- Make sure if you are running or run/walking the race that you give yourself at least 6 to 8 weeks prior before you begin.
- Go visit the course you will be running before so that you have a good idea of what the course is like.
- Dress in layers if it is cold and wear well fitted running clothes if it is warm. If you have problems with your legs rubbing compression pants or shorts are great. Or try some sports gel.
- Bring water for the end of the race.
- Stretch . Here is some good information on stretching!
- Give yourself a pep talk, know that you are a beginner in training and be proud of yourself for doing this!
- Remember to smile and tell yourself that You Can Do It!
- You don’t have to run fast…Just finish!
Back to Top: It’s Time To Race