Finding Time For Running Today
Running is one of those sports you can take anywhere and a great way to clear your mind, but there are times when running is hard to position into your week. When you’ve got children, a husband, pets, a job and a house to run, running can be hard…
How do you find the time for running?
Running is truly my sport that I love and I’m sure many of you are feeling the same. There are weeks where I can’t find time for myself including finding time for running, so I dig through my schedule and focus on finding time for running. This is all so I can obtain a peace of mind and refocus in life.
Here are 10 great ways to find time for running…
- Wake up 1 hour earlier in the morning and go for a morning run.
- Bring your running clothes to work and run home. If you commute or carpool run a couple of kilometers from your house, the subway station or bus.
- Run in the mall and then around the outside of the mall after shopping, Just make sure you wear your running attire that you just bought…
- Run for half your lunch. Run first and then eat the last 15 minutes after you’ve showered.
- Save 1 day in the weekend and make it an appointment to do your long run. You won’t be available for anyone at this time.
- Make a schedule on your calendar of the days you fit in for your week of running.
- Choose your time wisely, instead of watching TV just go for a quick run!
- Carry clean running stuff where ever you go just in case you can find a spare moment to run.
- Book and train for a 5K race, so you are motivated in finding time during the week to train.
- If you’re feeling lazy start going for a walk and finish your last 20 minutes with a run/walk or run!
Back to top: Finding Time For Running