Here are just a few 5K Running Tips for Beginners who are learning to run.
- Have rest days, they are days to build muscle.
- Hydrate, drink 6 to 8oz glasses or more daily.
- Follow a good ‘learn to run plan’, Jago Holmes 5K Training for beginners
- Stretch before and after, it’s best to stretch for at least 5 minutes before and 15 minutes after.
- Only add 10% more mileage per week, every fourth week rest at your present mileage.
- Run with a friend to motivate you.
- Run only 3 or 4 days per week to keep you fresh.
- Alternate fast, slow and rest days during your training.
- Have the same day each week your long run day.
- Listen to your body when it hurts.
- Take a 3 day break if you are feeling stressed about running.
These are just some 5K running tips for beginners to keep note.
Wonder if you’ll be the last to come in a race?