Learn To Run a 5K in 6 Weeks
The scenario may go like this… You start running and feel good and you might even run 5 or 6 days a week. But when it all comes down to it you feel a bit lost on what direction or goals you’re moving towards.
How to train for a 5K race?
It ‘s not that hard, as a matter of fact, if you started training today, you could be running or run/walking your first 5K in 6 weeks.
“Learn to Run a 5K in 6 weeks” – Here are 5 things to prepare you…
1. Find a race in your area and sign up. Don’t be afraid if you think you’re not ready because lots of 5K races involve walking. Make sure you look for a race that offers both.
2. Talk to your doctor first, so he/she can give you clearance on tackling this running adventure. Lots of people enter an exercise program without telling their doctor and then end up getting sidelined because of problems that could have been avoided. The doctor knows best! I especially recommend you get a check up if you are over 40 and have a history of health issues. Take a 5K program and you and your doctor can customize the program for your health.
3. Check you running shoes and make sure they are not worn. Ask yourself some of these questions. How old are they? Do you use them just for running? Is it time to get a new pair? Running shoes that are old and worn will cause injuries.
4. Make a promise to yourself that you will maintain consistency. Write it down on a piece a paper and have it so you see it every day. X all the days you will run on a calendar that you use frequently. Tell friends and family what you plan to do.
5. Run with a partner or group to keep you motivated. Have another friend join in your journey and enter the race with you. The best part of running is being able to talk to someone about what you’ve accomplished and problems you need to change.
Please leave a comment in the section below if you’ve run a 5K and how it made you feel.
Back to Top: Learn to Run 5K In 6 Weeks